On Sunday we were all gathered to finish whats left over for example filling the boxes with materials and arranging the pedestals and the spaces that we need to use for the exhibition. We stick the rules and the tile on the partition, we had made two decision which is either to stick these information on the front partition or the one on the right side. And my idea was to put it in front because people when they come they look what in front of them not whats on the side of the partition and everyone agreed to what I said.
After that we did a semi final installation to stick the arrows sign on the right space and to check each of us her volume sound of the animation to make sure it not louder or lower but in between. also we arranged our roles that when I Say 1 2 3 everyone gonna play the animation together so it starts and ends at the same time for all the laptops.
On Monday i was responsible to come early and arrange the installation again because there was class on Sunday which we had to move our stuff to the corner area. I was also responsible to stick the boxes on the pedestals using the double sided tape.
Final GROUP Reflection
After spending weeks working on our animation and installation , we accomplished a very satisfying result by working in a good pace. Our teamwork was great and we merged all of our ideas together. We made 5 different animations and boxes, we incorporated three senses and they are : sight, touch and hearing. We all took notes about the movie and researched that time period. We looked up the color theory and how it triggers specific feelings. We Experimented with different materials t add inside the boxes and we did a test about how it work with the animation. We also made a mini test set up to check how loud the volume of our animations should be because we all have different volume settings in our videos. We all spent time to set up our display which includes the pedestals and the wooden panels.
2. What are the groups concerns about the project today?
- We were afraid that when people would go inside they would pull out whats in the boxes.
- We couldn’t find the pedestals we requested, and so we had to choose another size.
- One group took the pedestals we requested later and even painted one black, and so we had to stay longer at uni to solve this problem.
- The pedestals that we ordered for the laptop weren’t high enough.
3. How will the group address and manage these concerns?
- We made a set of rules, printed them out of vinyl sticker and placed them on a wooden panel on the outside.
- Isabelle showed us different samples we can chose from and so we did.
- We also urgently contacted Isabelle for one extra pedestals.
- We thought of getting more boxes so we can put our laptops on top so that they won’t be the same heigh.
4. What innovations did your group make today?
- We combined animations with a box containing different materials to touch.
- We used old sheilas to make little curtains for the box’s holes so you can’t see whats inside.
- Using extra boxes to elevate the laptops
- We tried using unusual materials that people won’t recognize and question.
- we reused the idea of balloons inside our boxes to make a stronger connection between the animation and the balloon that they can touch physically.
1 How did you personally contribute to the collaboration today?
I contributed really well and I did my best in giving suggestion and helping the member group with anything they are struggling with.
2 What did you personally contribute to the collaboration today?
- I came early to reinstall all the pedestols and partitions in right area.
- I fixed all the boxes and places them on the pedestal with double sided tape so the box wont move.
- I gave suggestions for the boxes materials to Nadia, Noora and Fatima.
• What did you make?
1- making animations
2- bringing materials for my box.
3- painting the pedestals and partitions
4- arranging the area for the installation.
5- Filling the application with Noora.
6- making the instruction or the rules for people to read before entering.
7- Brought sheilahs to cover the the box side were we cut it into two circles to place the hands in. and I decided that so people don’t see whats inside the box.
1- Did general research with group for psychological emotional color wheel and the textures that imapct feeling and emotion that for the box.
2- I did research for video tutorial because I wasn’t that good in using the adobe after effect these tutorials helped a lot to solve my main problem.
3- Watched the movie again to take some notes and some music parts for my animation.
4- Did research for colors theory => thats for my animation because i wanted to add a background color that represent no emotions or feelings.
we all discovered more about the color theory and the psychological emotional color wheel. We discovered also new problems when we installed our pedestols the height for them wasn’t good enough so we ordered more boxes to left our laptops higher.
• Experiment with?
I experimented different materials for what to put in the boxes such as ( Rope , threads, and cottons). also experiment how to place the materials in the box whether to hang it on the cover of the box or to leave it in the box like that with no specific placement.
2 What risks did you take today? Why and how?
Is having each on of us standing next to their pedestals, so I gave the sign to play the animation together.
4 Reflecting on what has happened today, what did you learn or discover about yourself?
About the design process? About time management?
everything went smoothly and it really nice seeing people reaction when they saw the exhibition and the interaction when they place their hands in the box. I learned really an important thing is time management and interacting with the team each day and listening to suggestions that each on of us give and take it under consideration. we never been late for our dues and work that we need show for each other. The design process was well arranged because we had a schedule to follow for each week what we need to be done with and about the time management we managed everything on time thats because we followed the schedule.